Reeds Essential Oils
What is Essential Oils
An essential oil is a concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing volatile aroma compounds from plants, or simply as the oil of the plant from which they were extracted. We supply a wide range of original essential oils for the aromatherapy application. Our oils originate from established distillers from Europe and around the world. The quality and purity of our oils are guaranteed and appreciated by many in the industry.
What is Aromatherapy
French chemist, Renē-Maurice Gattefossē can be credited with coining the term Aromatherapy in 1928 in an article supporting the use of Essential Oils in their whole without breaking them down into their primary constituents. Aromatherapy can be offered as a complementary therapy alongside standard treatment through topical application, massage, inhalation or water immersion to stimulate a desired response.
Aromatherapy at the Comfort of Home
With Reeds Cosmeceutical Essential Oils, the benefits of aromatherapy can now be reaped from the comfort of your home. It is important to know what’s involved when using essential oils at home so you can properly and safely enjoy the benefits it can offer. Practicing home aromatherapy starts with understanding how to handle these powerful oils and which scents you may want to choose.
- Oil Burners/Nebulizer Diffuser – add 6 drops of essential oils in an oil burner or electric diffuser to enjoy the pleasant atmosphere or the therapeutic benefits of the oil.
- Steam Inhalation - good for colds and flu. Add about 2~3 drops of Eucalyptus or Peppermint into a bowl of hot water, then lean over the bowl and cover your head with towel for about ten minutes as you slowly inhale. For children and the elderly, reduce the dosage by half.
- Sprays - Fill 180 ml spray bottle with distilled water and add 10~12 drops of the essential oil of your choice. Shake well and use it to spray around the room. Easiest way to quickly purify and freshens the air in your home or office.
- Aromatic Bathing - Adding essential oils to your bathwater makes bathing a more pleasurable and highly relaxing experience. Add 6~8 drops of essential oils into the bathwater.
- Massage - dilute 6 drops of essential oil in 15 ml of carrier oil, and then applied to the skin. Smoothing this blended aromatic oil into tired muscle is the most pleasurable ways to relax and unwind.
- Compresses - mix 5~6 drops of essential oils into every litre of warm water. Soak a clean cloth in the mixture, rinse and apply to the affected area. Leave it there for 15~20 minutes, repeating as needed. A fast and effective way to speed recovery from muscular pain and strains after a rigorous workout, and a treatment for bruises, headaches, insect bites, toothache, sports and more.
- Free-&-Easy - Add 2 drops of Lavender essential oil to your pillow for a relaxing sleep; occasionally inhaling Peppermint or Rosemary from a handkerchief helps concentration when study or driving.